Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hot Nutrition Topics

After much hemming and hawing, I have decided to follow the advice of all my friends and family: START A BLOG!!

Let me introduce myself:

I'm a Registered Dietitian, with my Masters in Applied Human Nutrition. I have spent my entire life (as far back as I can remember) in the food and nutrition industry. In addition, I grew up in a health food store (my family's business), and have an extensive knowledge about functional foods, herbal supplements, and nutraceuticals.

Because I have been immersed in both spectrums of the nutrition scale (east and west), I have identified a serious gap in the field of nutrition. There are very few dietitians that know about herbal supplements or holistic nutrition, and likewise, there are very few self-proclaimed "holistic" nutritionists that agree with the scientific fundamentals of nutritional science. I believe that both spectrums can complement eachother to achieve an optimal state of nutritional health.

After years of dishing out free nutrition advice to those who know me, I have decided to share some of my knowledge with the rest of you. It's all about education, because the more you know, the more you can apply your learning to your lifestyle, by making healthier food choices and influencing others.

No comments:

Post a Comment